[Circle of Hands] The Thread for the Lazy GM...

Started by Moreno R., March 19, 2014, 01:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreno R.

Hi everybody!

You know these GMs that like to draw maps, to stat NPCs, to pass hours and hours of time to create a splendid adventure for their players?

Well, I am not one of them.

I like to play, not to draw maps. What I like in the GM's role is to play a lot of characters and be "the bad guys", but I loathe all the work and the time needed in some games.  I consider the invention of "no prep" rpgs the best thing after sliced bread (hell, no, I can eat not-sliced bread, I can't enjoy high-prep games: no prep games are better). I like to GM "Steal Away Jordan" because the prep work is done by the player and I don't even have to stay at the table to listen, I can go to the bar and return when they are ready...

So, as a lazy (and proud of being lazy) GM, one of the first thing I noticed about Circle of Hands is how easy it is to re-use maps, or even entire adventures played by other groups: the customizing needed is trivial, the adventure themselves are some maps and a list of characters... this is a game where a GM has to do some prep work....  but that GM doesn't need to be me!

So, what is this thread? Is a list of links to resources for us lazy GMs: maps obviously, but if you already created adventures for your CoH campaign... post them here, so we can reuse them, and sing your praise when we go to play with all the work already done.

I should start, being the thread opener, but I don't know a lot of resources... I am so lazy that usually I don't even make a lot of effort searching material...   I know only these few links:
Dyson's Dodecaedron
Dragonfoot's Maps and Floorplan's section
And I suggest looking for fan-made harn/harnmaster material, there are a lot of very good maps and floor-plans, even if ofter too rich or late-age for Circle of Hands (I don't have recent links because it's been years from the last time I played Harnmaster and I didn't keep up)

And Adventures? I have none, I already said that I was lazy... I am waiting to play the ones you will post!