[Dark Dungeons] Ode to Black Leaf

Started by Ron Edwards, December 13, 2014, 10:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

I ran a little contest for fun on G+, because Warforged is as sticky honey to gamers, if gamers were swarming, shiny black flies. I called for modeling Black Leaf, from good old Dark Dungeons.

The contest is over, but I ran it at this post and Caias Ward won. I think you can see why when I show you the three finalists.

Larry begins the sequence as Black Leaf checks for traps. "This section's clear, guys!" Marcie's happy. She's playing D&D.

In Levi's moment, she just said, "Right this way -" and this is her sudden "Hey wait, that thing is coming right at me, what is it, but I checked that for traps, need to dodge, what is it -" Marcie is hearing the die clatter, staring in that special horrified anticipation to see how it turns up.

And Caias shows that's how that die comes to rest. "Aaahh!", *thud*. Oh the halfelfanity! Marcie, get out of here. YOU'RE DEAD! You don't exist any more. This one wins via sheer morbid satisfaction in the moment we all knew is the keeper.

Callan S.

Given the last pose, I'd hope it'd be from a rock piercer! The cognitive dissonance of not recognising that isn't actually a trap would be the icing on the cake.

Callan S.

Oh, and I found a parody I did of that comic ages ago (I've lost control of that web site now)

Christoph

Haha, that was lots of fun, all of you!