[Circle of Hands] mid-November pre-print

Started by Ron Edwards, November 14, 2014, 11:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

1. Final layout and editing - finished. Necessary bureaucracy like ISBN - finished.

2. Printer contacted, spine width established, procedure confirmed at both ends, layout guy provided with specs for both softcover and hardcover - finished.

3. Budgeting double-check - finished.

All of which means it's ready. When Nathan provides me with the All Done Files for the two versions, then I hit a "go" button and the books enter the printer's queue. How long that takes varies, usually between one and three weeks.

I'm a little shocked at what a good-looking and effective game this turned out to be.

Miskatonic

From the layout preview you sent out to backers, I am PRETTY DAMN DELIGHTED to see how this is shaping up.

Frank T

Ah screw you, I guess I need this after all! You got me with the combat. I'm pretty satisfied with how I handle "cinematic" combat in my own games but I'm still wrestling (no pun intended) with "gritty" combat. As a fan of Sorcerer combat I'm quite interested in finding out what you came up with for Circle of Hands. Any idea when it will be available to non-backers?

Ron Edwards

Hi Frank,

As soon as I mail it to the backers, then I activate the PDF and physical book buy-buttons for everyone else. Unless disaster strikes suddenly, I hope the backers' books will arrive during mid-December - there are too many intangibles to predict for sure, once you give it to the printer.

As an overseas customer, you might do best to buy the PDF and use the included version that permits you to create a real book at a local printer. Otherwise the shipping cost is ridiculous.