News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

just another loser...

Started by 6inTruder, March 24, 2004, 11:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6inTruder

First, I want to say that my ability to write this one-sheet up proves (to me anyway) just how amazing Sorcerer really is.

Second, on with my write up:

just another loser...
    A Sorcerer One-Sheet

You are a member of the Yakuza, striving to adhere to seemingly outdated tradition.

What is Lore?
- Lore is your streetwise/Crime-ken. It not only covers dealings between criminals but also between criminals and the law.

What is Cover?
- Cover is replaced by "Role." Which is who you character is.

What are Demons?
- Demons are everyone who is not Yakuza.
- Demon types include: Civilian, Cop, Undercover Cop, Business Owner, ect...
- Demon scores are: Stamina, Will, Role, and Power. The GM assigns appropriate numbers for Stamina and Will, with Role equaling the appropriate score. Power is set equal to the number of Abilities the Demon has.
- Demon Abilities allow non-Yakuza to interact and influence Yakuza. Examples are: Call Police, "Lore", Carry Gun Legally, Get stuff through legal channels, ect...
- "Undercover Cop" Demons will follow the Demon Become Sorcerer rules from Sorcerer's Soul.

What is Humanity?
- Humanity is the Yakuza code of conduct.
http://www3.tky.3web.ne.jp/~edjacob/rulesforyaks.htm
- Humanity<Will... Triggers the Sorcerer Become Demon rules from Sorcerer's Soul.
- Demons will... Try to rehabilitate you or shut you away from society (arrest/jail).

What are Binding & Pacts?
- Blackmail, intimidation, extortion, ect...

So that's what I've got so far. I am having a couple issues with the demons though, in Type (not sure if I should just have Civilian and Cop, or a much broader range) and "Demon Abilities," which I have some ideas, but I could use some help with more (specific abilieies). I'd also like a good replacement term for Lore. I was thinking "Streetwise" or "Crime" but not sure really.

Respond lots, okay? ^_^!

sirogit

Something you most likely thought off but didn't include: Humanity loss = Yakazuka starts cutting digits, possibly adding a new Price: -X Sign of shame of the Yakazuka(applies in social situations dealing with the Yakazuka, or with most people that recognize you as a member of the Yakazuka) Providing that you accept it, which you could only really escape by becoming a demon.

6inTruder

Quote from: sirogitSomething you most likely thought off but didn't include: Humanity loss = Yakazuka starts cutting digits, possibly adding a new Price: -X Sign of shame of the Yakazuka(applies in social situations dealing with the Yakazuka, or with most people that recognize you as a member of the Yakazuka) Providing that you accept it, which you could only really escape by becoming a demon.
Acctually, something I want to do is "revise" that Code of Conduct a bit. So that the finger cutting would acctually be a Humanity gain, as it is a huge show of adherence to the Yakuza code. Unfortunately, you'd really only be able to get that humanity gain after going against the code (which would be a humanity loss)... I hope that made sense... Sorta like seppuku redeeming lost honor.

I had left a couple things off that write up (mostly because I've not written them down), but I was thinking that Telltales would be things like: missing finger joints, punch-perm hair, tattoo, penis pearl... stuff that sets Yakuza "apart."

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier.

6intruder, are you preparing to play this for real with an actual group, or is this more like a thought/discussion, what-if concept?

Best,
Ron

6inTruder

Quote from: Ron Edwards6intruder, are you preparing to play this for real with an actual group, or is this more like a thought/discussion, what-if concept?
At the moment, it's just "thought/discussion" as I don't really have a group to play it with. That is totally not to say that I wouldn't play/run it given the chance... Though I think I'd like my own life to be a little more stable first.

cheers!
Jason