News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Editing posts turned off?

Started by Vaxalon, July 29, 2005, 10:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaxalon

Why was the editing of posts turned off?  It was useful for fixing broken links, bad formatting, etc.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Vaxalon on July 29, 2005, 10:30:33 AM
Why was the editing of posts turned off?  It was useful for fixing broken links, bad formatting, etc.

"Preview" is a fine feature that you should use. If you're not using preview, you're not living up to being a good poster at the Forge.

The answer, for what it's worth, is that people left unchecked with the power to delete their posts or edit them to make themselves look better in retrospect will abuse that power.

This thread is closed.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Andy Kitkowski

Sorry for the reopening: 

Coming off the old system, I was used to the abillity to "edit for an hour" instead of hitting Preview.

I know better now. Thanks for the heads up.

...so ... any chance of a Mod-edit to this thread:

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=16199.0

To turn off that annoying "Marquee" text "POST BEGINS HERE"?  It was a feature check that went horribly, horriby awry.  I'd be fine with it if it didn't slow my Firefox to a crawl. 

Either way, it's cool, cause I know now.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.