News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ceremony in Firefly in the Vineyard

Started by Judaicdiablo, September 22, 2005, 08:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philaros

Quote from: Judaicdiablo on September 28, 2005, 04:29:49 PM
I countered with "Annointing with the Blood of Ship" by saying, "Y'all better keep your heads down because all sorts of terrible things can happen to a ship in dock.  It would be terrible thing if that became unflyable piece of junk and you were trapped on this moon till the end of your days."  Then I rasied with a 17.  Only Jeb, the engineer was able to Block or Dodge.

I want to point out that it's specifically because Brandon called on this bit of Ceremony and phrased the Raise as a threat to the ship that I was able to bring in my 2d10 "Gimme a sec, I can rig it" trait - saying (as a player) "oh HELL NO are you threatening the ship!" - and I finally rolled good numbers, which allowed me to Block his Raise with "there ain't nothin' you can do to the ship that I can't fix!"

Then the captain gave on that Raise, while Cyrus took the blow - and I'm just looking at them saying "come on! you know I could fix it!" - and then Cyrus threatened the thugs yet again, and they finally slunk off - and the captain gave Cyrus all the credit! Meanwhile, I'd taken 3d8 fallout earlier, and rolling the results pushed me into a "badly injured - does he die?" conflict; but we decided that instead of me literally dying, I was threatening to quit because I was unappreciated. Tony, playing the captain, took on the "healer" role to persuade me to stay; I rolled the GM dice and played the opposition. Fortunately the GM didn't have a lot of dice for this conflict and Tony was able to "save" me fairly easily, and I took as a fallout trait "nobody appreciates my work" 1d4.