News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Jedi] Words from the creator

Started by dunlaing, October 16, 2005, 10:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunlaing

"The idea of Jedi were (sic) that the Jedi are like Marshalls who come in and they're there to sort of settle disputes in the end." --George Lucas, in The Science of Star Wars on the Science Channel.

I just thought that that "the Jedi are like Marshalls" bit was a nice tie-in with the previous "Banthas in the Vineyard" threads in this forum. It definitely makes them sound more like Dogs.

Vaxalon

Dammit, you got me jonesin' for Jedi again... looks like another evening lost to KOTOR is in my future...
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

dunlaing

Can you play KOTOR with a Dogs vibe to it? I mean, instead of looking at each quest as an opportunity to go further toward light or dark or as an opportunity to roleplay your character more or whatever, just think of each planet as a town and you're coming in to pass judgement?

Vaxalon

Oh, certainly.  You don't ALWAYS have all the options you'd like, in those terms... but if you let that be your rule for evaluating the choices given to you, you wind up in some very interesting situations.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker