Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2022, 06:23:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 77 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [DITV] Orchard Plains  (Read 3918 times)
Glendower

My name is Jon.

« on: February 12, 2007, 02:29:53 PM »

The first game I played with Erica and Aaron was Primetime Adventures, and though it was fun, there was the conspicuous lack of dice that both of them really wanted in a game.  So we decided to give Dogs in the Vineyard a try. 

They were very nice to let me record the session on tape, which really helped this AP report.  Making notes in game was causing me some distress, as my hands tended to ache when writing more than a few lines.  I also found using a laptop to be a little too distracting. This was a useful method of recording events for later listening.

By the way, so long as your players are cool with it, I highly recommend recording a session.  There are some awesome quotes I was able to include that just made the game for us, and would have been forgotten otherwise. You really learn a lot about how sessions work and the neat social stuff that happens when you listen to it a second time. I've done this before here, with a different group, to the same effect.

I made use of Orchard Plains, discussed here and with the alteration that Ralph Mazza suggested in that thread, that Alden was aware of the fungus on the apples, and intended to sell them to the Eastern Territories.  It made me angry that he knew the truth yet let his daughter take the blame.  And if made me angry, then it was the way to go!

I also made use of two rules modifications.  One was the list of NPC escalation dice found here, which was awesome.  No more putting together characters!  I also used the Afraid<conflict number one<Conflict number two<Conflict Number Three

Hi, my name is Jon.
Valamir

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 04:00:04 PM »

Awesome.

Clarification...was it Grace who's voice got taken away?  I was confused at first, but from context I'm betting that's who you meant.

Glendower

My name is Jon.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »

Oops!  Yes.  I suck, SISTER GRACE's voice was taken away, not Sister Felicity.  That's a really embarrassing error. 

Hi, my name is Jon.
14thWarrior

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »

That's totally awesome!  I'm glad the town, complete with suggested mods, worked well for you.  It fills me with even more confidence that it will work for me when the time comes to run my first game.

After reading this Actual Play report, I think I might well go with Alden having prior knowledge of the fungus.

Leo M. Lalande
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: