Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2022, 08:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 76 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Breaking the Ice] Post GenCon indie love  (Read 9846 times)
GreatWolf

designer of Dirty Secrets

« on: August 21, 2007, 09:58:44 AM »

Indie love<Steal Away Jordan, Breaking the Ice, Shock:, and Sign in Stranger.  So, on Monday, she and I decided to relax a bit and play a game of Breaking the Ice.

As an aside, do I get an award for the first GenCon attendee to have post GenCon play?

Indie love<<Meet the Parents<claimed<other<Breaking the Ice<Breaking the Ice

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown
GreatWolf

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »

The First Date, or Smoothies and Soul Food<Dirty Secrets

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
Emily Care

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:59:19 AM »

Dear Seth,

The Spill is such a perfect screwball comedy move.  I loved how the drug dealer character opened up for you once the word web got rolling. "Home business", wow. Those threads of connection...

Looking forward to the rest. Thanks for playing my game! Hope you both had a good time.

best,
Emily

Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »

Hi Seth,

Sigh ... one of these days, you will play a game that does not include crime, moral failure, questions about God, doubt and hope regarding one's country, shocking violence, or traumatic sexuality.

Either it will be a great day, or the time/space continuum will hiccup and we will all have to do existence over as dull-ish lava lizards.

Best, Ron
GreatWolf

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 09:15:22 AM »

Hi Seth,

Sigh ... one of these days, you will play a game that does not include crime, moral failure, questions about God, doubt and hope regarding one's country, shocking violence, or traumatic sexuality.

Either it will be a great day, or the time/space continuum will hiccup and we will all have to do existence over as dull-ish lava lizards.

I actually laughed out loud over here when reading this.

That day actually did happen at GenCon when I played Sons of Liberty, but I fell back into my poor habits upon getting home.

Seriously, though, I plan on addressing this at the end of the writeup, which I will now proceed to work on some more.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
GreatWolf

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 09:46:07 AM »

The Second Date, or Gardens and Gazing<Compatibility:  appreciate beauty<Compatibility:  enjoy solitude< Compatibility: lonely

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
GreatWolf

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:05:02 AM »

The Third Date, or Trials and Tribulations<Compatibility:  Family is hard<Compatibility:  Job struggles<Compatibility:  Us against the world<Aftermath and Coda

In the final analysis, we had 6 Attraction and 6 Compatibilities.  A happy ending for us!  Yay!  So we answered the three questions.

Do they stay together after the third Date?

Absolutely.

When did your character fall in love with the other?<What are the long-term chances for this relationship?<Next post, I'll talk about our post-game reflections and our thoughts on the game.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »

Wow.

I was thinking of referring to you in the future as Seth "I play black people" Ben Ezra, as a kind of humorous and defiant provocation to gamer culture which cannot typically accept such actions except when stereotyped, but then decided it would ultimately devalue the point.

It's just a great story. I think, especially, that the decision about the restaurant is the part that touches me most deeply.

Best, Ron
GreatWolf

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

Post-game reflections, or How Meg Ryan saved our story <Breaking the Ice<said he would change.  But, instead, he remains the same loser that he was before.  Increasingly, things become worse and worse for the woman, but she stays, because he keeps promising that next time<System stuff<Final Thoughts

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: