Re: Standard Publishing Font

Started by JohnG, February 01, 2008, 09:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG

Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate the advice.  I've stopped worrying so much about pages, I'm at 35,000 words and I've still got plenty more that needs typing and plenty of things that I'm sure I'll find out I need to add once people preread and playtest lol.
John Grigas
Full Steam Ahead Games
fullsteamaheadgames@gmail.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars, Silhouette

KeithBVaughn

See if you can get ahold of this book, it should answer a lot of your questions.

"The Non-Designers Design Book" by Robin Williams

It's a good investment for anyone who desktop publishes.

Keith
Idea men are a dime a dozen--and overpriced!

JohnG

Thanks Keith.

It was mentioned earlier that a "big boy" RPG is about 100k to 200k words.  Does anyone know of an example of a 100k and a 200k word RPG?  Anyone know how many words something like Dungeons and Dragons or those beastly Iron Kingdoms books are?  This is simply a matter of curiousity on my part.
John Grigas
Full Steam Ahead Games
fullsteamaheadgames@gmail.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars, Silhouette

rafael

Quote from: StrongBadMun on February 05, 2008, 12:43:17 PMDoes anyone know of an example of a 100k and a 200k word RPG?  Anyone know how many words something like Dungeons and Dragons or those beastly Iron Kingdoms books are?

Dread: The First Book of Pandemonium is about 130,000 words long.

-- Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

casquilho

Quote from: KeithBVaughn on February 05, 2008, 11:50:27 AM
See if you can get ahold of this book, it should answer a lot of your questions.

"The Non-Designers Design Book" by Robin Williams

It's a good investment for anyone who desktop publishes.

Keith
I want to second this. As someone who has been in publishing for many years, I have not see a better book for the price. It is quite helpful and clearly written in my opinion.

Daniel

masqueradeball

Vampire and all the white wolf stuff was in Palatino... I think. All submissions to WW had to be in that font.