Re: [Mechaton] Buying from Bricklink

Started by Mantisking, January 28, 2008, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantisking

Quote from: Yokiboy on November 09, 2007, 09:34:58 AM
Have you tried the new version of the Lego CAD? I hadn't tried it at all until today, but they claimed it was "New & Improved." Anyhow, I managed to make a copy of the classic, naked mech from the autumn '06 edition of Mechaton.

Oh, good, someone else has already done it.  I did up one in red and grey and thought of uploading it.

Quote from: Yokiboy on November 09, 2007, 09:34:58 AMHopefully the link works, it should go to my 4-pack of the mech. They didn't have any 1x2 45 degree transparent tiles though, so I just used an opaque instead.

I used a transparent 1x2 brick instead of a sloped brick.

David Artman

Yoki mentioned Lego Factory, but not the explicit Pick A Brick site (which is hard to find--four clicks from Home):
http://factory.lego.com/pab/

You won't end up with a "model" complete with customized packaging, but it has a quite a few more pieces from which to choose than Lego Digital Designer ("Lego CAD", LDD). Basically, if you're already "throwing bricks on the ground" in LDD, then this is a bigger ground with more bricks to throw. :)

HTH;
David

(P.S. JUST ordered Mechaton from IPR--thanks for this game, Vincent! I expect I'll be writing rule add-ons myself, before too long....)
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages