[In A Wicked Age] Multiple Advantage Dice?

Started by Lukas, January 17, 2008, 11:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukas

Hey Vincent,

I know that an Advantage Die from the We Owe list stack with an Advantage Die from conflict.  However, can you get multiple versions of either one of those?  The two situations I'm thinking about are:

1) Scratch your name off the We Owe list twice at the beginning of the conflict.

2) In a conflict in which multiple people have to answer your challenge, you beat them both.  Do you get an Advantage Die both times?

Thanks!

Lukas

Lars M. Nielsen

1. No.
2. No

You can have just one die of the same type at one time.
Answered here: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=25533.0

Thomas Lawrence

Actually, I think you can have multiple advantage dice from wining, so long as each comes from a different opponent in a conflict.

So the maximum number of advantage dice you can have is the number of your opponents (thgat is, people who have rolled against you in this conflict) plus one (if you bought one using the we owe list).

It's super important to note that you definitely CAN'T get two advantage dice from two wins against the same character. But two wins against two different characters in the same action sequence = 2 advantage dice.

This is in the text somewhere, buried in an example.

Lars M. Nielsen

In the link, Vincent's response to my second question makes it clear that you only ever have one advantage die from winning, even if it is from two different opponents.

lumpley

Lars is right.

But multiple people can get one advantage die from winning in the same round.

Two advantage dice is an INSANE advantage. You should have to buy it, it should never just happen to you.

-Vincent

Lukas

Cool.  That's what I was hoping, since I've seen that even 1 Advantage Die makes a big difference, but it wasn't clear in the rules.  Thanks, everyone.

Thomas Lawrence

Ah, ok. Looking again I can see what I THOUGhT had said this actually doesn't say it at all. My bad.