Main Menu

[IAWA] More questions

Started by Lars M. Nielsen, January 16, 2008, 03:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars M. Nielsen

1. After you lose a conflict, can you try to do more or less the same thing, consequences permitting? Say for instance in the first conflict example in the book, Mekha tries to escape, but is struck down. Let's say that Amek's player suggests that the consequence is that Mekha is unconscious and is dragged off, bound and blindfolded. Mekha's player doesn't like the idea, and Amek's player decides that Mekha's injured instead.

Now can Mekha's player say something like this: "In pain and bleeding, Mekha picks himself up from the ground, pushes through the gathering crowd and runs out of the camp". This is more or less what he tried before, but failed at. In DitV, you wouldn't be able to, but what about IAWA?

2. What can you when your character is out of the chapter (two modes at zero)? Can you only cheer and make suggestions/more coffee, or can you take control of an NPC, or something like that?

3. Advantage dice gained from striking your name from the We Owe list last until the end of the conflict OR until "somebody doubles somebody". It's only if you double on someone, or someone doubles on you, right?

lumpley

1. Yes. Also, after you win.

2. The rules don't mandate anything; strictly, you get to keep cheering and suggesting. If becoming a new co-GM works for your group, go for it.

3. Yes. Well, sometimes you'll double somebody but still keep rolling it - if the action sequence continues and you're still in it, you keep rolling your bought advantage die.

I wish I'd called them action sequences, formally and explicitly. That'd be more clear. Oh well, I'll change it for the second printing.

-Vincent

Lars M. Nielsen

Quote1. Yes. Also, after you win.

Hmm. Interesting.

Let's see. Let's say Mekha tries to run again as I suggested. And once again he is beaten to pulp by Amek. Amek's players says: "So... as I was saying, Mekha is bound and blindfolded. Right?". Mekha's player looks at his diminished dice on his sheet and say: "Erm... whatever you say".

Does that sound about right?

Quote3. Yes. Well, sometimes you'll double somebody but still keep rolling it - if the action sequence continues and you're still in it, you keep rolling your bought advantage die.

Ok, the text "somebody doubles somebody" only makes sense in the context of an action sequence with two characters. Which is what confused me.

So all in all, a bought advantage die lasts until the end the action sequence. Or until someone gets an absolute victory over you.

lumpley