Double posting rules?

Started by Kevin Vito, January 12, 2008, 02:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Vito

Hi, I don't know if it's been said anywhere already, but since we can't edit posts, I was wondering what the rules in this forum concerning double posting are? Lets say for example, I come back to one of my posts the next day and think of something new that I would like to add to clarify or maybe change the idea around entirely. Do I have to wait for somebody else to post a reply before I can post something (I've encountered this on other forums) or can I have two posts in a row?

edited by me to de-sticky it - RE

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

Sorry for taking so long to notice this post. It kind of hid in the First Thoughts sticky.

Anyway, the rules are easy for this: yeah, you can post to the thread again. Two posts in a row are fine, especially for the purposes that you're describing. In fact, it's actually better to see your thoughts evolving this way, because sometimes writing the first post is a process that helps you figure out what you really want to say, and the readers can totally understand that.

The thing to avoid is posting again to a thread just for attention, or the infamous "bumping" that goes on at other websites. I'm sure you can see how that's lame. For purposes that you're describing, though, or anything like them, continuing to post is encouraged within the time-limits for that forum.

Best, Ron