Main Menu

[Mechaton] Finally!

Started by Mantisking, January 28, 2008, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantisking

I finally got the chance to run a game of Mechaton a few weeks ago at a recent Pandemonium Game Day. I was a bit rusty and stumbled through the rules a few times, but we all had fun. Here are a few photos provided by one of the players.

A close up of two combatants.

An overhead view of the battlefield before the commencement of hostilities.

Still deciding on which mechs to use. :-)

lumpley

Yokiboy

Hello Mantisking,

You might want to post those pictures on BoardGameGeek.

Any highlights from the game that you could share with us? How many players, etc.?

TTFN,

Yoki

Mantisking

Quote from: Yokiboy on January 28, 2008, 03:16:13 PM
Hello Mantisking,

Hello.

Quote from: Yokiboy on January 28, 2008, 03:16:13 PMYou might want to post those pictures on BoardGameGeek.

I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Yokiboy on January 28, 2008, 03:16:13 PMAny highlights from the game that you could share with us? How many players, etc.?

There were three players, a team of BF and GF vs. another guy.  We started out a little slow, as Iresprite, the solo guy, had a little trouble deciding on which mechs he wanted to use.  Eventually, after choices were made and mechs were added to and defined, we started with the Doomsday clock at six.  Arist & Tehana, the BF/GF team, went with the little black mechs, and Iresprite took the tan and grey.  Due to being in a hurry, I futzed up the Attacker/Defender.  Arist & Tehana started out defending when they should have been attacking.  It went back and forth for a few turns with no damage being done, the dice weren't falling right for either side.  At that point I modded the rules in the interest of speed and said that damage occured on a 4 to 6.  Things picked up a little after that.  I think we ended the game with Iresprite having had one of his mechs totally destroyed, and Arist & Tehana having a few damaged mechs.

Hopefully I'll get to demo again this coming weekend, and maybe even play.  :-D

Mantisking

Here's one more picture, taken by a bystander.

Looks like this one was taken while we were still setting up and I was explaining things.

Mantisking

DevP

Awesome! And in my backyard! (I go to Pandemonium pretty frequently with SGB.) Did you publicize the demo on the LJ or other places? I'd love to get a little bit more Mechaton going on in my life...

Mantisking

Quote from: DevP on January 31, 2008, 02:58:02 PMAwesome! And in my backyard! (I go to Pandemonium pretty frequently with SGB.)

SGB?

Quote from: DevP on January 31, 2008, 02:58:02 PMDid you publicize the demo on the LJ or other places? I'd love to get a little bit more Mechaton going on in my life...

No, sorry.  It was part of a RPG.net Game Day.  I'm dying to play again myself.  :-)

DevP

SGB = SGBoston. If you post to mailing list, I'm sure you'll get some more takers. I'd love to play me some Mechaton.