[Nicotine Girls] Wow. Ouch. Wow.

Started by Marshall Burns, February 19, 2008, 08:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Burns

Paul,

I just wanted to let you know that I just read Nicotine Girls, and it's brilliant.  So brilliant that I don't think I'll ever be able to play it.  I'd rather not go into detail on why; I'll just say that I used to know the girl in the illustration, and I lost my virginity to her, and this game is clearly, accurately, and heartbreakingly about her.  It makes me want to cry.  (If anyone's wondering, she didn't get her dreams.)

The fact that the game's design is so powerful, real, and able to hit this button just proves how brilliant it is, as far as I'm concerned.

-Marshall

jburneko

You knew just one?  Man, I knew at least four.  But yeah, painful and personal stuff.  Nicotine Girls has been on my "to play" list for a long time.  Can't seem to find the right crowd.

Jesse

Lance D. Allen

::wonders if Marshall meant that literally::
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Paul Czege

Marshall,

Thanks.

The illustration is by James V. West. And yeah, I think he nailed it. She looks a heck of a lot like a girl I dated for a bit.

And y'know, when I think about it now, she's pretty much living her dreams.

Paul
"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton