Re: Dogs becoming sorcerers?

Started by Nathaniel, January 09, 2008, 11:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devonapple

On a side note, can somebody enlighten me as to the meaning of "RAW"?  It is hard, as you can imagine, to do a meaningful term search for that acronym. 
-- Devon

------------------------------------------------
http://www.greentides.com/devon
http://devonapple.livejournal.com
Dreams of Deirdre

Filip Luszczyk

Quote3) A PC that's demon-possessed will also get a d10 for each die in the demon Relationship, regardless of the die type in that relationship (e.g. a 2d4 Rel with a demon generates 2d10 when possessed).

I think you can add the current Demonic Influence, which has nothing to do and is not limited by the number of dice in your Relationship. Technically, it doesn't involve becoming possessed - by the book, you call the help of the Demon and add the dice, along with some supernatural effects.

However, notice that there are possession powers that let you add your Relationship to every physical or social conflict, respectively. If I understand it correctly, these allow you to roll the dice for your Relationship the moment you become possessed at will, or if you're already possessed and the conflict moves to either non-social or social arena, respectively. I guess that as usually, it's not possible to double-tap those Relationship dice, though.

zornwil

Quote from: devonapple on February 01, 2008, 12:35:52 PM
On a side note, can somebody enlighten me as to the meaning of "RAW"?  It is hard, as you can imagine, to do a meaningful term search for that acronym. 

Rules As Written
- Wilson

zornwil

Because it's so direct back to my first post, I believe it's okay to resurrect this.  Vincent, I take no umbrage at all if I need to be smacked down -

So in a con game - with some great players, a player did in fact turn to the demons!  I mentioned it as an option as they looked for more power and, of course, knowing their PC is right.....I blame Carl (cdr) for this, actually, as he's prompted re this before, and now I've picked it up!

Anyway, she gave her demon 3d6 and away we went!  She wanted her PC, Jean-Luc, to have more ammo to keep standing up for his ideal that "everyone can be a Dog" (her PC was strong on this kind of egalitarianism, and the setting was the Reign of Terror, as I mentioned just elsewhere, Les Chiens de la Terreur), and I'll just copy/paste her own comments, Stephanie is the NPC the Dogs were facing, and Jean-Luc was on Stephanie's side, against one of the other Dogs with, in the beginning of the Conflict, the third Dog not quite decided:  "Demonic influence had swept in and filled him with doubt about his position on Stephanie as her behavior (and EYES!) got increasingly bizarre, he reached the point where he had to call in the town's demons of self-determination in a last-ditch effort to preserve his ideal of the villagers-as-their-own-dogs-->fight demons with demons!"

The other Dogs let it go (actually, one noticed, the other pooh-poohed literal demons and so denied anyway) as Jean-Luc ended up coming back to their side to save their lives and ended up in solidarity with them.  Too bad it was a con game (Go Play NW in Seattle, awesome con!), would love to see these players go at this for a short campaign!

So anyway, I've seen it now, and can testify. 
- Wilson