Main Menu

My experiances.

Started by Luy22, December 28, 2008, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luy22

(Not sure if I should be posting this here, but...)

Games I've played...

Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 ED.
Dark Heresy
Vampire: The Masquerade
Shadowrun
Wanderer (An RPG my friend had made from scratch)

I've had good times in all of them. When I do play, I just love bein' the tank. For S&S and Shadowrun, I always played the dumb barbarian Dwarf guy that doesn't take crap from anyone and does what he wants (And For Vampire: TM, I played a Brujah) to increase hilarity and do things that would be frowned upon in normal games. My characters always hate Elves of all kinds (I grew up on the Warhammer fantasy Gotrek and Felix novels so I took on Gotrek's views of Elvenfolk).

Ron Edwards

Hello and welcome!

Sure, it's great to have you posting here. I like the Wanderer threads and so it's useful to see where folks who playtest it are coming from.

I have a question: playing a character like the ones you've described works best, as I've seen it anyway, when the other people at the table are in on the joke. Or at least, their characters are willing to tolerate yours, and they (the players) like to riff off the differences between yours and theirs.

Have you ever played in a game where everyone made up characters like the "does what he wants" dwarf and the "wouldn't get away with this in another game" guy? If so, how did that go?

Which character of this sort was your very favorite, so far? And - this is related - what were the other characters in play like?

Best, Ron

Erudite

Luy22, welcome to the Forge! I have some questions too.

How long have you been gaming?
Do you GM mostly, play, or a good mix?
What type of action/story do you like?
What type of action/story do the people you game with like?
Is there any game/system you like more than the others? If so, what do you like about them better?

Hmmm.... now that I think about it, I'm pretty new here too. I should probably share my experience as well.

Luy22

Quote from: Ron Edwards on December 28, 2008, 08:19:11 PM

Have you ever played in a game where everyone made up characters like the "does what he wants" dwarf and the "wouldn't get away with this in another game" guy? If so, how did that go?

Which character of this sort was your very favorite, so far? And - this is related - what were the other characters in play like?

Best, Ron

Nope, never had. We're very diverse in our games. :P Most of the time I'm the only Dwarf. I'd like to try out something a bit bigger eventually, though. Heheh.

How long have you been gaming? I started with Warhammer Fantasy Battles in around 2001. If you can call that an RP...

Do you GM mostly, play, or a good mix? I've never GM'd before, mostly player. I'd like to give it a go sometime though.

What type of action/story do you like? Big battles and miniature epic duels between long-time enemies.

What type of action/story do the people you game with like? Never really asked em.

Is there any game/system you like more than the others? If so, what do you like about them better? That'd HAVE to be Shadowrun. Cyberpunk + Fantasy = Awesome.