Sorcerer & sword - a bibliography question

Started by Timespike, January 03, 2009, 10:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timespike

Would this (and the others in the series) be a reliable source of unblemished Robert E. Howard stories? I already have the Solomon Kane one, but I never really considered whether it would have been edited into bloody submission.

"The Wicked are always surprised to find the good can be clever" -Marquis de Vauvenargues

I've been playing GURPS since 1999, D&D since 3.0 came out, and have gotten an interest i indie RPGs since I started listening to the Sons of Kryos

Finarvyn

Absolutely! This series was published with the idea of restoring the original Howard text for public reading.

I guess the problem occured back in the 1960's when Howard's works were "edited" and other authors contributed material to "fill in" some of the gaps. As such, most of the Conan books I grew up reading weren't really true Howard versions at all.

This series is.

Marv (Finarvyn)
Sorcerer * Dresden Files RPG * Amber Diceless
Forge Member since 2004
OD&D Player since 1975

Moreno R.

I have brought these three books, and as far as I know they are the only complete edition of everything Howard wrote for Conan (fragments included) like he did wrote it.  If there are better editions, I don't know them.
Ciao,
Moreno.

(Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.)

Timespike

Awesome! I happen to work for B&N; I'll probably start buying these up. I really enjoyed the Solomon Kane stories.
"The Wicked are always surprised to find the good can be clever" -Marquis de Vauvenargues

I've been playing GURPS since 1999, D&D since 3.0 came out, and have gotten an interest i indie RPGs since I started listening to the Sons of Kryos