Main Menu

[Mechaton] Game Tomorrow

Started by Mantisking, January 09, 2009, 06:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantisking

If anyone in the Massachusetts area is interested, I'll be playing Mechaton tomorrow afternoon over at Pandemonium Books in Cambridge.  Feel free to stop by and say "hi".  I believe we'll be starting at 4:00 or so.

Mantisking

We managed to get the game in before the snow started to fall.  It was myself and one other person fielding four mechs each.  I ended up being the attacker.  The game lasted 1.5 to 2 hours, I'm not really sure.  We both had a lot of fun.  I'll try and post some pictures soon.

lumpley

Mantisking

Okay, finally got motivated and uploaded pictures.

This is the set-up.  We both had teams of four mechs with differing amounts of attachments.  The teams were premade and the info pregenerated to cut down on set up time.

Here's a table's eye view of the action.

Here's three different views of the finale.  Notice the Doomsday clock in one of the pictures.  :-)

The only real thing we changed was doing damage on a 4, 5, or 6.  It moved the game along pretty quick.  My opponent clicked the clock down twice at every turn, hustling the game along and forcing me to be very aggressive.  I was the first to lose a mech, the white one, but I claimed restitution quickly afterward.  :-)  The game moved along briskly, damage being dealt to both sides.  On the last turn I finished off most of his forces, killing his last mech on my last action.  I'm not sure we played exactly by the rules but I had a lot of fun, as did my opponent.  I'm really looking forward to the next chance I get to play.