Ultimate Mechaton LEGO Set

Started by David Artman, March 29, 2009, 11:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Artman

Folks, RUN, don't walk, to buy this set on sale at LEGO.com:
Space Skulls - http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10192

956 mostly Mechaton-sized bits for $20 + shipping! I just got mine and opened it and was amazed at all the coolness. A ton of articulating pieces for your legs, all sorts of red bits and blue "one-pips" for missiles or sensor arrays. Even a small number of space skull minifig, which are basically skull heads with all-black torsos and legs, plus black helmets (consider: rotate face to back of helmet, and head looks like undetailed visor of a robotic sensor plate.

Some of it is bricks and plates, but they're almost all white, making for good walls or ruins or space debris (crashed shuttle?).
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages

Mantisking

Hopefully you have a Lego store near you, as this is lested as "Sold Out" on the website.

Mantisking

Quote from: Mantisking on March 29, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
Hopefully you have a Lego store near you, as this is lested as "Sold Out" on the website.
I just checked today and it's "Available" once more.

David Artman

(Cross-posted)

Not the site link above, when I'm looking at it--I just added it to my cart. The Custom Car IS sold out and, thus, doesn't display a price.

Does it kick back with Out of Stock once you try to checkout? (I don't go all the way to paying, because I don't need two of them.)

And it won't be at a store, I don't think--it's LEGO Factory, which I think is pretty much "packaged on demand" like if you ordered it using LEGO Digital Designer. Hmm, or maybe it was just picked up from someone's custom order and made into a full product, like the Market Street and Custom Car Garage. Dunno, really. I just know it's there, it's 75% off, and it doesn't say sold out when I look.

----
On that note: I wonder if it's a good deal to assemble a lot of Mechaton-ish parts using LDD and calling them a "model" (i.e. you don't actually have to build a model, just stack up all the bits you know will work for various models)?
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages

Mantisking

Quote from: David Artman on March 30, 2009, 02:39:11 PMDoes it kick back with Out of Stock once you try to checkout? (I don't go all the way to paying, because I don't need two of them.)

I've already got one as well as the companion set "Star Justice" so I haven't tried to purchase one.  It was listing as "Sold Out" in the description for most of last week though.

Quote from: David Artman on March 30, 2009, 02:39:11 PMAnd it won't be at a store, I don't think--it's LEGO Factory, which I think is pretty much "packaged on demand" like if you ordered it using LEGO Digital Designer. Hmm, or maybe it was just picked up from someone's custom order and made into a full product, like the Market Street and Custom Car Garage. Dunno, really. I just know it's there, it's 75% off, and it doesn't say sold out when I look.

They do carry some of the Factory sets in the store, that's where I bought mine.

Quote from: David Artman on March 30, 2009, 02:39:11 PMOn that note: I wonder if it's a good deal to assemble a lot of Mechaton-ish parts using LDD and calling them a "model" (i.e. you don't actually have to build a model, just stack up all the bits you know will work for various models)?

I think other people have done that before.  I do remember someone uploading a quartet of the basic Mechaton frames along with a bunch of parts for Stations at one point.