Free give away contests to get some visibility?

Started by Seth M. Drebitko, April 05, 2009, 11:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth M. Drebitko

I am currently playing around with www.twitter.com/BitsyBook creating one of those tweet books people have been buzzing about. As I am polishing up my little game chef entry (my first free rpg product) I figure I can use the twitter account as a testing ground for some marketing techniques.
My first idea is a give away contest where I will do a search for the term @BitsyBook and randomly one of the people who has been talking about @BitsyBook will get a free set of chessex dice. Has any one used or seen used these little small scale marketing contest work out good? Also does any one have any opinions or advise on the best way to utilize contests like this?
Regards, Seth
MicroLite20 at www.KoboldEnterprise.com
The adventure's just begun!

iago

Check out the contest rules we put up for the S7S logo remix contest: http://www.7skies.net/remix.html -- rule #3 is specifically constructed as a visibility-booster.  You might want to think about things like that for your purposes.

iago

I left out: so far we've seen maybe 15-18 contest entries.  Which, for a small-scale event, is pretty good.

Seth M. Drebitko

Thanks a bunch for the response, I think I might actually use the art contest idea for a nice background image to compliment the account.
Regards, Seth
MicroLite20 at www.KoboldEnterprise.com
The adventure's just begun!