Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 05:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
46709 Posts in 5588 Topics by 13297 Members Latest Member: - Shane786 Most online today: 32 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unclassified Forum  (Read 2177 times)
Eldrad

« on: May 09, 2009, 07:03:10 PM »

Can there be an unclassified forum to post things about gaming that fit in no other category?

There are times that I may have gamer related interest that would not fit in the creative sections of this forum and website as I am sure others have as well.

Just an idea.
Lance D. Allen

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »

Eldrad,

The Forge isn't your typical gaming community site. It has a specific focus, namely the design, publishing and play of independent rpgs, and the examination of techniques, rules and interactions during play. So an 'unclassified' forum would be pretty counter-productive to that goal, as we all know that gamers love to bullshit about gaming.

There are other sites better suited to gamer related interests outside of design and analysis of play. I personally like Story-Games for the casual atmosphere, but others prefer RPG.net, or any number of other sites that I'm not aware of.

Ron is, obviously, the final arbiter of what forums appear on the Forge, but he's made it clear in the past that the Forge is a working place where we can also have fun, not a fun community where work is sometimes done. If you have a specific idea for a forum that keeps with the ethos of the Forge, I'm sure he'd be willing to entertain the notion, though.

~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls
Eero Tuovinen
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:50:07 AM »

Historically, Story Games was pretty much created as an unclassified forum for the Forge. Serves that way today as well, should such be needed.

Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: