Main Menu

Reverse lichification

Started by zediekiel, June 16, 2009, 07:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zediekiel

I know it is possible, under certain circumstances for a sorcerer to become a demon, the most common example being (of course) the lich. 

However, can it work both ways, suppose if a demon (preferably a passer) could give up their ability and power for a humanity score and in effect become human.

ISo 1st, can this be done? And 2nd, what would be the process and/or examples of it.

jburneko

Actually, this is covered in Sorcerer's Soul.  Don't have the book on me so I can't summarize it but the rules for it are in there.

Jesse

Ron Edwards

Jesse's right. Given that liches are demons, and given that there are rules (or rather, rules for making rules) for demons to become human, it can happen.

Disclosure: I hadn't thought of that before. Which is stupid given the excellent precedent in myth and literature at least for trying, if not achieving it.

Best, Ron

angelfromanotherpin

Quote from: Ron Edwards on June 17, 2009, 07:30:24 AMWhich is stupid given the excellent precedent in myth and literature at least for trying, if not achieving it.

Examples, please?
-My real name is Jules

"Now that we know how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, how do we determine how many angels are dancing, at a given time, on the head of a given pin?"
"What if angels from another pin engaged them in melee combat?"