Publishing and Distribution Settings

Started by noahtrammell, June 16, 2009, 03:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahtrammell

I also had a couple of questions about publishing.  If I release my game as a pdf, what services can I use to distribute it, and how do I connect with them?  Can I use RPGNow, Indie Press Revolution, DriveThruRPG?  And, later on, what if I want to release my book in print form?
"The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
-Mark Twain

My Tiny but Growing Blog

Clay

To distribute a PDF version of the game, you're probably best off selling it directly from your site.  There are folks here who can help you through setting up an ecommerce site for games.  I have set up ecommerce for downloadable software, and the principals generally translate pretty well.  Contact me privately if you want my help.

You might ask about the RPG Bookshelf, too.  Not sure how that is managed, but I know a few people have used it and liked it.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

noahtrammell

Thanks.  I'll message you when I get ready to distribute, however long that'll be.
"The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
-Mark Twain

My Tiny but Growing Blog