Ha ha haa, I finished my TSoY book after all

Started by Eero Tuovinen, July 30, 2009, 07:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

I haven't worked this hard since 2005, but we did manage to put the book together complete and ready for print after all. I posted the cover and table of contents to my blog. Had you asked me last week whether I believed in the Gencon miracle, the answer would have been negative. However, hard work, obsessionate behavior and a complete unwillingness to invest time in the project anymore come Fall paid out.

If everything goes well at the printer, we'll have the book at Gencon. Afterwards it'll appear at IPR, and I'll be taking copies with me to Europe to sell ourselves. I'll also make a pdf version after Gencon, as somebody is going to want that anyway. The text is CC-licensed just like the SS booklet, so we'll be getting a html as well whenever somebody gets around to making one.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Paul Czege

Eero,

Jari did the cover artwork? It's possibly my favorite of everything of his I've seen.

Paul
"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton

Eero Tuovinen

Ah, yes. I would have known that you'd like this one. You should see the back cover (and will, at Gencon), it completes the set-up.

We had some quite interesting discussions about what we like and what the audience likes and what expectations roleplayers have about game covers and whatnot when Jari was developing that cover. (If you're reading, Jari: I never would have been so hard-line in that dialogue if we didn't have some audience interests to consider as well.) Ultimately we went with his pure, undiluted vision. Perhaps we'll find some use for the other strain of development at some point as well - it'sa sort of abstract piece, in my opinion perhaps the best non-representative (or almost, anyway) piece of art Jari's made.

Patrice

Huge congrats, especially about having been able to push the latest site content like Sireap Valley in.

I was really expecting this one and I want to add I feel this is both a turning point and a major milestone for TSoY and the Solar System.

You have a customer here :).

Eero Tuovinen

I also see this as a milestone for TSoY, although I've no idea what kind. At least this looks to be the first indie game that seems to make a successful transition into a common property, which certainly is one of way of handling large-scale cooperation without sacrificing independency. It'll also be interesting to see how much interest people have on something that amounts to a new edition of a game many already have.

Nick the Nevermet

Quote from: Patrice on July 30, 2009, 08:03:21 PM
Huge congrats, especially about having been able to push the latest site content like Sireap Valley in.

I was really expecting this one and I want to add I feel this is both a turning point and a major milestone for TSoY and the Solar System.

You have a customer here :).

Yeah, that surprised and amused me as well. :)
And I will be buying this when able.