[InSpectres] A few rules question before playing...

Started by Christian, April 23, 2010, 07:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian

Hello all,

I'm planning an InSpectres session, I reread the rulebook and I realised I still got a few questions. So if anyone knows the answers, just to be sure :

1/ At the end of the session, an agent can earn a franchise die if he has roleplayed a characteristic acquired this session, not on previous ones, correct ? He doesn't earn a FD for every characteristic he has and roleplays, right ?

2/ When an agent dies, the rest of the group earn (at the end of the session) a number of franchise dice equal to the number of agents (dead or alive), correct ?

3/ Card dice used are definately lost until replaced by franchise dice, correct ?
For exemple suppose a franchise with Library 2, Gym 2, Credit card 2 who spend everything except 1 Library during play. At the end they earn 10 FD. Suppose they spend 8 for vacation. They are left with 2 and could eventually have Library 1, Gym 2, Credit card 0. Correct ? (So the next mission would theorically be a 6 FD mission, I suppose in this case as a gm I would raise the aim a bit).

Thank you !

Ron Edwards

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry to have missed this thread so far. I can only answer for #3 without checking my book, which I'll do as soon as I can for #1-2. I'm pretty sure I know the answers anyway but I don't want to rely on memory alone.

Your interpretation for question #3 is correct! And is probably a good move for the franchise; expanding its scope and the adversity of later missions when most of your agents are stressed-out is exactly why most of them get run into the ground. Better to stay sane and small, expanding only at those rare times of profit + sanity. Sometimes I think playing InSpectres should be required in business school.

Best, Ron