Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 11:31:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
46709 Posts in 5588 Topics by 13297 Members Latest Member: - Shane786 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [S/Lay w/Me] Settings!!!  (Read 2887 times)
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

All those are good paraphrases although I suggest changing the proper names. The phrase "where the king is not the king" is brilliant.

I tried to be original with my locations in the book, at least in terms of referencing specific literary or gaming locations. I make no claim that the ideas are original in the less specific sense. My take is that there's something more satisfying about doing it my way, rather than adapting literary sources, but that may be an individual issue of no importance to anyone else.

Best, Ron
Aetius

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »

Thank you Ron.

Maybe I can made them The Silver Tower, where a god lies in chains (sorry, lapsus between good and god) and The ancient stronghold, where the king is not the king.

It's just that I'm a long time Conan fan, and he's so "S/Lay W/me" that I cannot stop to think about the similitude between the game and the novels.
When I first played the game, for examples, I was all: "Wonderful, this is so like 'Jewels of Gwhalur'. That novel is basically a session of this game!". Only after a couple of games I read the sources of inspiration ;-)

Ciao, I'm Ezio and I'm Italian.
And I'm sorry for my bad English, I'll keep studying ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: