[The Rustbelt] first crack at a character sheet; feedback requested!

Started by Marshall Burns, July 15, 2010, 02:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Burns

Here's my first crack at a Rustbelt character sheet.

I want some feedback on it from a.) layout-savvy peeps and b.) those who have played the Rustbelt.

Layout-savvy peeps:
What do you think about the design? Does the off-kilter almost total lack of parallel lines damage readability? It looks like it does for thematic reasons, but if that makes it hard to use, well...
Note that the relatively low position of the attributes is deliberate. It's intended to send the message that attributes are less important than Psyche (which is true, due to the system). The text itself does the same thing, discussing Psyche & how to write Psyche traits in chargen before it gets to attributes.

Folks who have played:
What do you think of the Psyche reminders there on the right? I couldn't fit everything in, so I left out the rules for Frustration/Depth reduction, reasoning that they're the most straightforward and easy to remember (as well as, in my experience, the least commonly used).
What about that Psyche section itself? The idea is that you write your psyche traits there on the left and each one's score there on the right. I tried to provide plenty of room on the right for crossing out and erasing numbers.