Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
46709 Posts in 5588 Topics by 13297 Members Latest Member: - Shane786 Most online today: 21 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Sorcerer] Rules Question: Boost  (Read 1016 times)
frictorious

« on: August 10, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »

I have a question about the side effect of Boost, and had no luck finding the answer elsewhere. Per the text (p 52), "receiving two Boosts of any kind in rapid succession results in the recipient being Confused." What exactly, is "rapid succession?" Twice in a scene? Two die rolls in a row? Something else?

Also, does the recipient of the Boost get to resist (Will vs. Power), or is the next action automatically lost?

Thanks,

Ryan
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 04:15:33 PM »

Hi there,

My thinking for "rapid succession" would be in two consecutive rounds in a complex conflict, what I called "combat" in the book.

Your second question is interesting, because it implies the second Boost is being used as a weapon. That's totally legal by the rules. If that's what's happening, then I think yes, the target should get a Will roll to resist. This represents a sort of snap judgment on my part, posting here, so if some wise fellow finds an ancient thread in which I stated the opposite and provided a lengthy essay explaining why, then I'll have to take it back.

Best, Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: