Vulpinoid's Game Thread

Started by Vulpinoid, September 11, 2010, 12:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baxil

Quote from: Vulpinoid on September 28, 2010, 06:29:12 PM
I'm not quite sure what to make of that comment.

I just meant to say that, as a first-time entrant, it was (and remains) greatly reassuring to know that I'm not the only one to do things the way I did.  You're providing a positive example to follow - especially considering that your game has both higher production values and larger size than my own.  (Just so there is no confusion: I read through your game and it looks awesome.)

... It sounded a lot less insulting in my head, I promise!  O__O;

As for a line getting cut off...I was pretty sure I checked that, but the final days was a bit of a rush.

I meant on your website's Walkabout page, which you linked two posts up - not the Game Chef submission.

Anyway, I hope to be doing a similarly major rewrite - though I plan to preserve the game as it exists in its current state, as well.  The Head Chef has authorized post-competition edits (in comments on the GC2010 rules page), but I have some lingering guilt over offering GC players a version that has had substantial mechanical changes from the original entry.

(Also, if my game can be polished to a level worthy of publication, I can still offer the GC version as a freebie, and say "Hey - the game gets way better if you upgrade.")

Vulpinoid

Thanks for the heads up about the website.

I hadn't noticed that.

As for ongoing development, I've aways thought that's one of the things that Game Chef is all about.

You have an intense period of game development, followed by the longer process of troubleshooting, playtesting and refining.

I'm gradually working through my play examples (which have just past the 8 page mark)...I'm wondering if I'm being too thorough with them.

They'll be available for perusal shortly.
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.

Vulpinoid

For anyone who might still be interested, the Walkabout Page on the Vulpinoid Studios website has now been updated.
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.