Main Menu

questions

Started by Cottonmouth, October 09, 2010, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonmouth

1. What happens when you run out of dice in a conflict? Do you lose?

2. What happens when both players burn out each others dice at the same time?  Like if after Player A raises with his last two dice and Player B blocks with his last two dice.  Now both A and B have zero dice.  Is it a draw?

3. After Fallout dice have been rolled, does the GM, attacker, or victim decide the effect?

4. Contests against environment are rolled versus the Demonic Influence? Example: A Dog is investigating a murder scene for clues.  It was a crime of passion and the killer made no effort to conceal or destroy evidence.

I apologize if these have been answered elsewhere on the forums, I wasn't able to find them.  Thanks.

Noclue

No problem. I think you'll find folks like answering questions about DiTV. I've answered your questions on the FTB forums, but I'll speak up here as well.

1. If you can't or don't want to make a See or a Raise, than you must Give. If you Give it means you lose the Stakes.

2. I've never seen this happen. Generally someone has dice they can roll in, or someone decides to Give. I would say both sides can't Raise, so they both Give. Not sure it's in the rules anywhere, but someone may come along and school me.

3. Victim, subject to table veto. So, if it's not working for them, you need to get them on board.

4. Yes, technically. But, I advise against environmental conflicts for "Investigating murder scenes for clues." Just feed them any information they want until you get to something where you feel like "No damn it. That needs a roll." Hardest thing for me to remember to do. Every time I've seen investigating for clues it's been a yawner (both as GM and Player). Say Yes until it's time to roll dice.
James R.

Noclue

Okay, I see I got schooled on the other forum. So, the answer to #1 is also the answer to #2. If it's your turn and you can't or won't Raise, you gotta Give.
James R.

lumpley

Noclue

The funny thing is, if I was running the game and someone ran out of dice and couldn't go, I wouldn't have even had to think about what to do. But put the same situation as a hypothetical on a forum and I'm mysteriously confused.
James R.