Weird spam with forge related addresses?

Started by Callan S., September 27, 2010, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph Boeckle

My email is public and that's fine with me (I accept the risks).
Regards,
Christoph

M. J. Young

Vincent, another data point:  my address is not hidden, and I was not getting Forge-related Spam (unless the filters on my account got it and I didn't know it).

--M. J. Young

Christoph Boeckle

Hello Vincent

I've started getting some again, starting 00:04 AM central European time (18 October). Latest mail subject is "◇RE: xchnmn2 vrmvqr172" (the funny character is still there, but now what follows is longer).
Regards,
Christoph

C. Edwards

Seamus

I just started another thread on this, then I noticed this one.

I have been getting them too, and they look like they are connected to forge related emails. I checked the IP of the sender, they are from China. But the names of the emails that sent them look spanish and the subjects have wierd symbols (IP 115.49.94.110, emails ana_esparrago_perez@hotmail.com (etc),
Bedrock Games
President
BEDROCK GAMES

Callan S.

Ya, they've come back with a vengence again. They are mysterious in how they behave and look - someone make an RPG about them...heh

Seamus

It is a foreign IP so this may be useless, but for anyone who wants to, here is how to report cyber crime (including stuff like this):

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.htm#cc
Bedrock Games
President
BEDROCK GAMES

Christoph Boeckle

Hello

Mine have stopped again around the 21st. I'll stop reporting on this issue from now on.
Regards,
Christoph