Looking for recommendations for Virtual Storefront software/services

Started by Andy Kitkowski, November 29, 2010, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

I'm looking to create a storefront to sell at most 2-3 products through Paypal (something a little classier than just the "Paypal Link") from my site (basically, I want to create a storefront on my Maid RPG page, as it seems that people are gunshy about just emailing us). Looking for no-frills, least configuration required, etc.

Any recommendations for such software?

I remember seeing recently, here or on S-G, something about a self-publish support site or something that will do this kind of service for free off-your-site for up to a certain number of products (4-5?) then charge in tiers above that. Is that ringing a bell for anyone?

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Peter Nordstrand

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
     —Grey's Law

Ron Edwards

Hi Andy,

Vincent can set up a unique page for you using the Un-Store software. It may not be clear to people reading this that the Un-Store isn't a thing or place but just a means for setting up a multi-product page. You can have your own.

Best, Ron

Andy Kitkowski

Interesting (on both fronts), thanks!

Dang, I remember seeing something that was JUST like shopify, but basically for Web Hipsters, kind of a startup thing. Something like "you can list 3 items for free; then after that you have to start paying"... Will have to scope around for that.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Peter Nordstrand

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
     —Grey's Law

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Peter Nordstrand on December 20, 2010, 04:19:31 PM
Oh, I nearly forgot. Is http://www.bigcartel.com/ what you are looking for?

Cheers,

Peter: This was exactly what I was looking for! Man, I thought I may have dreamt it for a minute.

Thanks again!

-Andy

RPGCI

Have you seen Cartloom.com?

Let's you manage a full on inventory of products, digital or otherwise.  You just put some JavaScript on the pages you want to sell from and it will add your product, a shopping cart, and add to cart links.

When your customers add the product to their cart and checkout, they're redirected to a styled subdomain.

It's $9.99 a month, and you can either use PayPal or hook up a full-fledged payment gateway.

We use it on our site www.RPGCharacterIllustrations.com