Main Menu

Re: Buying my games

Started by Finarvyn, February 14, 2010, 03:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finarvyn

Quote from: Ron Edwards on July 16, 2009, 06:10:41 PMThe old PDF for Trollbabe is mechanically available until I manage to dismantle the webpage, but please don't buy it. I will reject the payment if Paypal lets me do that. That PDF is officially discontinued.
Ron, what's the status of this? I ask because I (stupidly?) bought the Trollbabe PDF this moring after reading some Trollbabe threads and realizing that my PDF is dated 8/24/2002 and I thought "say, I'd better update".

And now I'm re-reading this thread and saw the above quote. :-(

edited to make un-sticky
Marv (Finarvyn)
Sorcerer * Dresden Files RPG * Amber Diceless
Forge Member since 2004
OD&D Player since 1975

Ron Edwards

Hi Marv,

The good news is that no harm has been done and no information lost. The Trollbabe PDF was never updated or changed in any way, and I've refunded your payment. It's still available at the Bookshelf under your registration there, if that's relevant. I don't plan to remove it until the new PDF is entirely ready.

The not-as-good news is that my website revision is going very slowly, mainly because of my ridiculous life-style, and so all I can do is promise that when it's ready, I'll announce it here. My current thinking is that people who purchased the original PDF may even get the new one for free (!!), with the hope that they'll purchase the book out of sheer delight later.

Best, Ron

Meme

Hi Ron!

A friend of mine wanted to ask you if S/Lay w/Me is available on PdF version.
Is it available?

Thanks ^^

Meme
Emanuele Borio, I'm italian, and my English sucks, beware.
Meme is my real Byname, not a Nickname ^^

Ron Edwards

Hi Meme,

It should be, but it's not, at present. Someone very kind will have to work with me to produce a decent product, and I don't have the time or expertise to do it myself - or even to organize doing it - at the moment.

Best, Ron

Finarvyn

Hey, Ron -

I stopped by the Un-Store to pick up another copy of Trollbabe (dead tree version this time, not PDF) and when I clicked on the "buy now" button it took me to a screen where I was supposed to enter the price instead of it coming up automatically. I held off buying because I thought the software might be doing strange stuff, and I thought I'd bounce it off of you to see if that's normal.

- M.
Marv (Finarvyn)
Forge Member since 2004
OD&D Player since 1975

Ron Edwards

Hi Marv,

It's all about some coding Vincent was correcting at the exact moment I was setting the prices. Type in the $28 ...

... except that Trollbabe is actually a month or so away from being physically available, due to printing hassles. Hold off on that order for a bit.

Best, Ron

Finarvyn

Thanks. I assume you'll give us the heads-up here when it is ready!
Marv (Finarvyn)
Forge Member since 2004
OD&D Player since 1975

The Dragon Master

Not sure if I missed something, but thought I'd check. Is it correct that each book has to be run as a separate transaction, or is there some way to keep a shopping cart of sorts going? I was going to pick up Sorcerer & Sword with my Sorcerer purchase, but instead had to split them since I couldn't find a way to make it a single transaction (ended up just going with Sorcerer for now).
"You get what everone gets. You get a lifetime." -Death of the Endless
The names Tony

Ron Edwards

Hi Tony,

At the moment I don't have a cart set up, and I'm not sure how to get that organized through the Un-Store anyway. (It is probably possible, but in case people haven't figured this out yet, I am incredibly dense when it comes to organizing internet interactions.) However, the orders do all go to the same fulfiller and will be packed together for shipping.

Best, Ron

The Dragon Master

"You get what everone gets. You get a lifetime." -Death of the Endless
The names Tony

Jacob Arntson

Just ordered two games.  I love the site and I'm looking forward to playing the games.

I ordered from Japan.  I know it's going to cost you a bit more to ship - I'll order some more !