[APEX] Free Universal System Feedback

Started by Parylus, February 08, 2011, 11:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason J. Patterson

I honestly don't know about the doubled dice with +2/+4 etc for Advanced Abilities. I've only just gotten into Savage Worlds so I've not played or run with any characters of that level so I'm afraid I can't comment.

Re: Quirks - from the way I read your info, Quirks can *sometimes* have in-game negative effects, and sometimes not. To me that is very anomalous especially for newbies, who, to me, I would think, might be confused on if they expect a particular "section" of a game be where they would "set" or assign their negative aspects or stats or disadvantages, and they would either concretely be or not be game-mechanic-relevant - but the way you present it, it can be negative... or have no bearing at all, but they're both in the same section - like having "fluffy pillow" and "head of cabbage" in a weapons list.
"VVVVOOOOLLLLTTAAAAANNNNN, you will DDIIIEEE by my sword."

Parylus

Thanks for the quick reply. I see what you're saying now. They're really meant to be flavor elements to add character and detail, not necessarily disadvantages that inflict penalties on your character. I'll be sure to better explain that.

SteveCooper

Quote from: Parylus on February 14, 2011, 12:11:47 AMQuick note on the dice probabilities. The curve looks good for doubling up the dice.

Yeah, I'm liking the look of that.