Can't access some forums on the Archives

Started by Christoph Boeckle, February 16, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph Boeckle

Hello there

I can't seem to "unroll" the Archive and Inactive Forums categories on the archived Forge forums. I get the error message
QuoteUnable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

Is that just me? I use Firefox 3.5.2 on Linux and 3.6.13 Windows 7.
Regards,
Christoph

lumpley

Moreno R.

if it can be useful: I am seeing them just fine, and I am using Firefox 3.6.13

Christoph, can you post one of the urls that gave you this error message, to be able to check the same page?
Ciao,
Moreno.

(Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.)

Christoph Boeckle

There's the Archive and the Inactive Forums that don't wok for me. Actually, if I try to collapse an open category I'll get the same error message.
Regards,
Christoph

Moreno R.

Quote from: Christoph Boeckle on February 16, 2011, 01:06:54 PM
There's the Archive and the Inactive Forums that don't wok for me. Actually, if I try to collapse an open category I'll get the same error message.

Ah!  I misunderstood.what you said.  I thought that you couldn't see the list of threads in the forums and the content of the threads. When I try instead to follow your links, or to collapse a forum category, I get the error message too.

So, I don't have any problem because I kept all the categories "open" in the archive, so I can see every forum, but you can't, because you had some category collapsed, right?

Just to see if it works, do these links work for you?
http://indie-rpgs.com/archive/index.php#6
http://indie-rpgs.com/archive/index.php#5
(I got them going "up" from a subforum, instead of from the index page. They work for me)
Ciao,
Moreno.

Christoph Boeckle

Hello Moreno

Thanks for your help! The links work in a technical sense (no error), but they don't unroll the hidden categories for me.
Regards,
Christoph

Moreno R.

Where are stored the informations about collapsed categories in SMF?
Ciao,
Moreno.

Eero Tuovinen

Quote from: Moreno R. on February 17, 2011, 07:43:50 PM
Where are stored the informations about collapsed categories in SMF?

That's probably not a bad idea, actually. Without knowing about the internal structure of SMF, it seems likely that this problem could be fixed for Christoph simply by checking his account's configuration info and switching all categories back to full visibility by hand. This makes sense in that there are likely not many users of the archive who want to use it logged in and use that feature in the first place; might be easier to switch those users back to a full view by hand than to figure out why the visibility-switching isn't working anymore in the archives.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Christoph Boeckle

Ok guys, I got a more detailed report now.

Logging out brings me to the default "all categories" unrolled all right (you must be logged in to access the option to collapse categories). Also, browsing the archived Forge with my Android cellphone worked perfectly this morning when I fist logged into the archives from that device, but now it returns the same message error. So, I emptied all my Forge cookies on the Windows machine and logged back in. Lo and behold, I could do the categories thing without any problem. About an hour later, the error is back. As far as I could check, an individual user cannot switch the categories to full visibility via his Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences.
So, something could be fishy with the cookies.

Just for completeness's sake: I can hide and show categories on the active Forge without any problem.
Regards,
Christoph

lumpley

Great! Very useful. Thanks, Christoph.

-Vincent