[Knights of Twilight] revisioned

Started by davide.losito, March 17, 2011, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davide.losito

Not yet, Paolo.
I will produce a new updated PDF the next week, after the playtest at EtrusCON.

davide.losito

Quick update here after Ben's playtest at the EtrusCON.

The combat system still has some minor aspect to fix. Ben correctly identified to move combos I seeded in the game and he was extremely fast in understanding that Violence is the easiest Torment to handle, cause when you know that you're going to unleash it and for this you kill an affection, just exaggerate (wow... this word has two G's; thanks Wikipedia - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/exagerate).
If you have an affection at Rank 2 and Honor 2 and you already accumulated 3 Violence... there is no difference in pumping it up to 7, from the point of view of the "sentenced" Affection.
But... he also arose the problem that the Fudge dice result should be more important for the combat.
I don't think I am going to elaborate some way to make the randomness predominant, but I want to think about something...

davide.losito

Ok, the unusual break is due to the fact I am reading The Riddle of Steel.
The fact that the two combat system concept share so much (Stance declaration, dice pool to "buy" moves, round divided in 2 halves...) means that... both me and Jacob Norwood know to fight with swords :D
I also got a copy of Mouse Guard (yay! Mice! With swords!), as the combat system in The Burning Wheel has still something to suggest me.

I am coming to a newer, faster and more precise version of the duel exchange, and I am also stiching the whole thing together with the fiction outside the body-grinding.

Sorry for those who were waiting an update (if any...), it's delayed, at the moment.

davide.losito

Another playtest is done.
Another step to completion is done.

Tomorrow I will produce the updated version, as someone in Italy asked for it, to start playtesting alone.
New features will be:
- Non Combat statistic, used to give players a second option to gain control over territories. This will not change the number of missions player can do in one Act, but it will change the way they can try and gain new territories.
There will be a new set of rules to include these Non Combat stats into combats, and trigger a forced "Taking Breath" moment.
The Non Combat stats are expended on use, so if you use them in combat, you will not be able to use them for territory control.

- Combo moves. As long as you deploy a "+" or a "-" dice in a move, you can add-up techniques to that move, and they are considered in the same half of turn you are already.
The only limitation is your current Honor rating, so if you have a Knight with Honor 3, you can stack up to three techniques in the same move, provided you have at least 2 "+" to feed up the combo chain.
"+"s used for Combo are converted to "NULL".