Anyone playing Sorcerer online?

Started by Jenn, March 19, 2011, 09:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenn

Are there any online Sorcerer games I could look at or join?  PBEM, forum, or even a MUSH/MUD based on Sorcerer would be interesting.  Thanks!

- Jenn

Trevis Martin

This is an aborted online game I ran a while back. and I have the archive for one of the best sorcerer games I was ever in on rpol.net which was pbp and sadly ended before it's time.

Sorcerer presents some difficulties in a purely text play space.  The main one being the way the GM has to assign bonus dice to various actions.  It's hard to tell the visceral reactions of the players in order to guage when bonus dice should be awarded.

There is also one I ran across here but I don't know if it's still going.  Looks like last post was mid Feb.

I haven't yet tried it by Skype, though I'd be interested.

Trevis Martin

As a followup.  Snail's Pace is a pretty good place to go if you want to do pbp games.  If you do IRC then the #indierpgs channel on irc.magictar.net  (it might be #indie-rpgs  I can't ever remember.) has a decent amount of activity. 

Jenn

Thanks for all the info!  I'll try your recommendations.

- Jenn

Jenn

There appear to be two games in the works on Obsidian Portal.  Still looking around, though.  Any other sightings?

- Jenn