Main Menu

Updated Sorcerer

Started by Troy_Costisick, March 08, 2011, 09:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy_Costisick

Heya Ron,

I know you're neck deep in Ronny games right now, but I was wondering, are you still thinking about doing an updated Sorcerer like the one you menationed in this thread a while back?

Peace,

-Troy

Ron Edwards

Hi Troy,

Yes, I am. It's one of those things which is easy to do but gets back-burnered too often, so I'm not as far along as I wanted to be by now. But I do think I can manage to get something together in time for GenCon.

Best, Ron

Joel P. Shempert

I missed that thread last July, but this is hugely exciting news to me! Eagerly awaiting.

Peace,
-Joel
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.

Finarvyn

That would be awesome! I've got my money already in hand! :-)

Seriously, I think that a revised and updated Sorcerer RPG would be a great thing. I know that you don't like to rerun over the same turf, Ron, but I like to think that your vision of the game has evolved and grown at least a little bit over the past decade and it will be nice to see this!
Marv (Finarvyn)
Sorcerer * Dresden Files RPG * Amber Diceless
Forge Member since 2004
OD&D Player since 1975

The Dragon Master

I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it. As much as I love the original, I'm very curious to see what an updated version would look like. :-)
"You get what everone gets. You get a lifetime." -Death of the Endless
The names Tony

Russell Hoyle

I have my chequebook in hand, Ron...

Don't leave me hangin'

Rusty

John S

Hope I'm not splitting hairs, but my impression from the announcement thread was that there was no plan to revise the text. I'd buy it just for the annotations though!

Joel P. Shempert

Yeah, I feel that annotations would serve the exact same purpose as "revising": that is, clarifying best practices for playing and running the game. Which makes it more than just a cosmetic update, and makes me excited!

Peace,
-Joel
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.