Music for RPG Games: New Epic/Trailer/In-Game

Started by ChristianAndersson, May 15, 2011, 11:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristianAndersson

Hi Guys,

Here's an up-front-no-fake-voice short heads up for my available RPG-style music, for licensing, 40€ - 200€ per song.

Latest RPG project - Main Title Track for Abydos Online (ordered job for around 400€) :
http://craze.se/demos/abydos.htm

Latest accomplishments:
- International Songwriting Competition 3rd Prize Winner - more than 15.000 competing songs from 115 countries.
- Great American Song Contest Finalist 2011 - more than 1600 competing songs from 44 countries.
- Awarded Music Scholarship from the Swedish Musicians' Union December 2010.

Send a mail to me for pleasant talks about your games. I am always interested in what's going on in the indie RPG game market, and I would love to take part in your project. (Yes, I know that the fake-voice-indication-alert-red-lamp at Ron Edward's desk may start blinking now, but I am serious - that's why I write here in the first place).

Best Regards
/Christian, www.craze.se, craze@craze.se

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

Nothing fake or contrived here as far as I can tell. Christian, in our message exchange, you mentioned you'd attended the Nordic Game Conference. Please feel free to talk about that and how it relates to your work.

Best, Ron

ChristianAndersson

All right! Great to hear. :-)
I was going to say that this week, I attended the Nordic Game Conference. There are so many cool great indie games on the market right now. It was really amazing: The indie game Limbo kicked a** and won the Best Nordic Game Award, beating giants like Age of Conan and some other really huge industry giant games. So it's really cool that there are so many great new indie games coming up with original ideas, shaking the big giants.

Recently, I've been working to write music for a couple of great indie game projects and with some very talented people. I already mentioned "Abydos" aboe.
I also worked with:
- Jeff and Lee at Zarksoft, soon to release a big game on AppStore, called "Empire of the Eclipse".
If you look at the graphics, I don't think I have to mention that Lee has worked for Blizzard.
- Rock Pocket Games, with their platform game "The Package".

On the Nordic GAme, I connected with a Finnish team working on a really fantastic indie RPG game - actually very much like Age of Conan in realism and style - and yet, it's more or less a 3-man project! Amazing! It's really fantastic to see what small sized teams can do. And for me as a musician, it's also really nice to know that there are no limitations for the music, even if it's a handheld device. No matter what, an indie game can easily have the same quality as a big Hollywood Film production - it's the developer's choice.

So what have I been up to lately?

I have been lucky to see some really fantastic results coming my way, as you could see in my post above with ISC and GASC.
Besides working with the teams mentioned, I have worked intensively with my music agencies, and been active with submitting music to film contracts. I have also been working with some new big and epic tunes, ready for licensing, and I am right now freshing up some old productions by making them longer and switching the instrument banks from good instruments to perfect instruments. I have extended my instrument library a lot, to get new sound banks... meaning I have spent a lot of money... ouch...  So now, I'm just waiting to boost some of your cool indie games here with my music. :-) ...
Also remember:
- if you want something original, you can order completely new pieces from me, and what's new in my process is that I have a song description template.
- I can also evolve, change, improve, extend, existing songs to suit your wish for NO EXTRA COST (as long as it's <1 working day)

The coming weeks, I will be working with a horror compilation, meaning I will have around 10-15 horror tracks. It's an ordered compilation from one of my music agencies, but if you have some horror game in need of spooky and dark music, drop an email, and I can share my ongoing work.  In parallell, I am also working with a Children and Fairy Tales compilation with more joyful, whimsical and cute stuff. That might work with some games here.

So keep up the great work guys! And if you think my stuff is too expensive, we can always have a chat, and hopefully we can find a solution.
Now, get back to coding and let your creativity kick some industry-giant-a**, just like Limbo did!

Best Regards
/Christian

Christoph Boeckle

Hello Christian, welcome to the Forge!

Since you incite us to get coding, and also the way you use "indie games" as an expression, it's possible that you think the folks around here program computer RPGs. That's by and large not the case, the main focus of this site is table-top RPGs. However, music can still play a role for this type of game, for promotional videos, podcasts, additional game material, etc. I figured I'd tell you so you can focus your communication in the future. Do you have any experience of music with table-top RPGs? If yes, tell us about it.

Indie RPGs I'm aware of that use music or at least audio support (so if you're into sound engineering as well...): Ribbon Drive, Serial Homicide Unit and The Five. If you don't know them, you might want to check them out to see how some have used audio in their game design.
Regards,
Christoph

Seamus

The music sounds awesome to me, but like Christoph said, people here are mostly Table Top Designers (and budgets are usually much smaller than video games). I've used music before for a youtube videos promoting our game (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzXUI4333dw) using public domain recordings. It might be nice to license something more fresh. Out of curiosity what sort of music would 40€ get?
Bedrock Games
President
BEDROCK GAMES

Stregheria

I've used 2 of Christian's songs in promo videos for my game so far, and will be using another in the final one I'll be releasing later next week prior to my game being launched on Monday 30th.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to doing the vid Christian, I'll let you know when it's up and if you like it, feel free to use it as an advertisement for your song.. I took the old vids down because they showed outdated material from the book and it has come a looong way since then! :) The people I've previewed it to have been blown away by how professional it looks. No bad considering I'd never used any formatting or illustration software before I started.
Stregoneria RPG