[Winter phase] Publisher forums drawdown

Started by Ron Edwards, May 20, 2011, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hi,

Back when Vincent and I scaled down the forums for the Winter phase, my idea was to take down all the publisher forums with the exception of his and mine - and in my case, my plan was eventually merely to have that be a link to a forum at the Adept site.

So to continue with that, this post is notice that all the publisher forums except for Adept and Lumpley are going to be archived, i.e., inactivated although still visible like all the others, by May 30 at the latest. If you're one of those publishers and you want to figure out some kind of way to preserve the active forum, I imagine there must be a solution you and Vincent can arrive at. But the current arrangement is now on its last days.

Best, Ron

Eero Tuovinen

Yah - fire away. Although I've appreciated the subforum here (and think that it's been an elegant and useful service), I also think that a stand-alone forum is an unnecessarily heavy thing for the average indie publisher like myself to maintain. People can reach me in the future via email and discuss my games wherever they want, as always.

I'll go write up some sort of closing sticky on the subforum so there's some archived closure explanation. Probably a good idea for the others as well.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

lumpley

Moreno R.

Hi Vincent!

Why the change of plans? Ron said...

Quote from: Ron Edwards on May 20, 2011, 09:41:14 AM
Back when Vincent and I scaled down the forums for the Winter phase, my idea was to take down all the publisher forums with the exception of his and mine -

More in general, can you write a little more about the reasons for the closing of the publishers forums?
Ciao,
Moreno.

(Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.)

lumpley

Which change in plans? The winter plan has always been to close down the individual publishers' section.

Ron can talk about his reasons for that if he wants. For my part, those forums haven't been doing much for a long time. When they were the only game in town, they worked, but the fact that they've so declined now says to me that they aren't well-designed for their purpose.

-Vincent