[Game Chef 2011] Anastasia - Legacy of Romanovs

Started by F. Porcelli, July 20, 2011, 01:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F. Porcelli

Premise: Sorry for my english, but isn't my native language

When I saw the Game Chef 2011 I immediately wanted to participate in the last year, I gave up because I was not good enough, but this year I studied the theory and I have been involved in game creation, diligently.
William Shakespeare is a topic that has fascinated me from the beginning, as posed infinite possibilities of game design ... read the ingredients, however, I had a gap in my mind, I was undecided whether to deal with classical themes, or choose something new and innovative.
After thinking for two days, I chose the ingredients: Daughter, Exile, Nature.
And here is the idea: Anastasia Romanov, history and legend, strong themes and tragic, even as he loves the bard;)
About game mechanics there will be more roles: Anastasia, Rasputin and other supporting characters. I'd like to be a GM-less game and to resolve conflicts we will use the Tarots, including the major arcana and minor arcana.
For now I have written a draft yet, but the next few days will test it with the group.
Will update soon ...

Quando ho visto il Game Chef 2011 ho subito pensato di partecipare; l'anno scorso avevo rinunciato perchè non ero ancora abbastanza bravo, ma durante quest'anno ho studiato la teoria e mi sono impegnato nella creazione di giochi, assiduamente.
William Shakespeare è un tema che mi ha affascinato sin da subito, in quanto poneva infinite possibilità di game design...letti gli ingredienti, invece, ho avuto un vuoto, ero indeciso se affrontare tematiche classiche o scegliere qualcosa di innovativo.
Alla fine, dopo aver pensato per due giorni, scelgo gli ingredienti: Figlia, Esilio, Natura.
Gli ingredienti evocano nella mia mente la figlia di un uomo potente il cui destino è carico di responsabilità; mentre sto pensando a principesse e affini, penso anche agli altri ingredienti, soprattutto all'ingrediente "Esilio".
Ed ecco la scintilla, Anastasia Romanov, storia e leggenda, temi forti e tragici, così come ama il bardo ;)
Riguardo alle meccaniche di gioco ci saranno più ruoli: Anastasia, Rasputin e altri personaggi di appoggio. Mi piacerebbe fosse un gioco GM-less e per dirimere i conflitti si useranno i Tarocchi, compresi di Arcani maggiori e arcani minori.
Per ora ho scritto una bozza provvisoria, ma nei giorni seguenti lo testerò col gruppo.
Aggiornerò presto...

Bye

F. Porcelli

Sorry, I forgot to translate some text... :P
William Shakespeare is a topic that has fascinated me from the beginning, as posed infinite possibilities of game design ... read the ingredients, however, I had a gap in my mind, I was undecided whether to deal with classical themes, or choose something new and innovative.
After thinking for two days, I chose the ingredients: Daughter, Exile, Nature.
The ingredients in my mind evoke the daughter of a powerful man whose destiny is full of responsibility, while I'm thinking about princesses and the like, I also think the other ingredients, especially to the ingredient "Exile".
And here is the idea: Anastasia Romanov, history and legend, strong themes and tragic, even as he loves the bard;)
About game mechanics there will be more roles: Anastasia, Rasputin and other supporting characters. I'd like to be a GM-less game and to resolve conflicts we will use the Tarots, including the major arcana and minor arcana.
For now I have written a draft yet, but the next few days will test it with the group.
Will update soon ...

Jason Morningstar

Sounds good so far! Certainly the last days of the Romanovs will fit the contest theme and ingredients very well.

Ciao,

Jason

fjj

Quote from: F. Porcelli on July 20, 2011, 01:38:05 PM
here is the idea: Anastasia Romanov, history and legend, strong themes and tragic, even as he loves the bard;)

I want to play a game about the Romanovs! Tell us more:

• How will the historical background be presented?
  • If you use the historical characters, what are your thoughts on replayability?
  • Why use tarot cards?

/Frederik
Frederik J. Jensen