Online and mobile publishing tool - looking for thoughts and testers

Started by bovinata, July 15, 2011, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bovinata

Hi all,

I've been programming a tool to write single-player RPGs and was wondering if anyone's had any experience in the arena. Basically the way it works, you can type in stories and allow people to make choices as they go through taking them to different pages. Additionally you can add variables for inventory, status and other things. The end result is something you could potentially play on a computer or a mobile device like an iPhone.

Has anyone here written stories like that who might have suggestions on how they approach writing, or would be willing to test it out? I think this might be more of a multiplayer space but I thought I'd ask. Also, if anyone knows how such a tool might be used for multiplayer gaming that'd be great too!

Thanks! -B

Mark Truman

I did a lot of this when I was in high school using Basic.  Playing it on the iPhone sounds a lot more fun.

I would totally be willing to test it out if you've got the programming part done.  What would I need to do to help you out?
Eternity is coming!  Let us know that you think of our sneak peaks.

Proud member of the Indie Game Developer Network.  Currently running: HotB, Eternity

bovinata

knighterd77

I've been programing a puppet to indite single-player RPGs and was wondering if anyone's had any change in the arena. Fundamentally the way it activity, you can identify in stories and let group to create choices as they go through winning them to antithetic pages. Additionally you can add variables for merchandise, status and otherwise things. The end finish is something you could potentially movability on a computer or a raiseable instrumentality suchlike an iPhone.

bovinata

I agree, happysmellyfish!

Fundamentally, you can indite a puppet for reduction of your overall size andsuch. It's not nearly as hard as what people have been engineered to construct their systems to do. Personally, I prefer the systems that are available that trim away the excess state through careful micromanagement analysis. You have to be a very careful shopper though.

Rolex Watches

lumpley

Please don't reply to or acknowledge spam. Hit the "report to mod" button and Ron or I will take care of it.

Thanks!

-Vincent

bovinata

Thanks Vincent...the rest of its post doesn't make sense either, actually. I had to read it pretty carefully to figure it out.