Session Ambience

Started by Rubbermancer, September 30, 2011, 09:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubbermancer

OK awesome, those are easy fixes.  Hehe, funny, I actually finished and uploaded an earlier version, and then thought "hmmm, he wanted really close growls too..." so I redid it with louder growls here and there.  I'll just backtrack...

Thriff

Rubbs,

Such a haunting sensation; very well done with Föld!

You've crafted an impressive triad so far, keep up the good work.

T

Rubbermancer

I'm back from the dead!  Sorry for the long wait Cedric, I have a new and improved version of the Föld soundtrack.

I've consolidated my game design music on a page of its own, here:  http://soundcloud.com/rpgambience

I've disabled downloads on them for now, if Paul, Cedric, and Thriff don't mind other people downloading and using the files I'll enable downloads.  Cedric, give it a listen and I'll send you a copy if you think it's 100% finished.

Thriff

Hey Rubbs,

Cool new site!

I encourage others to download the file you made for me.

All I'd request is that "Flotilla Sketch" be attributed to you (for creating it, obviously) and me (because the ambience is designed for my setting). I suspect everyone else that has (or will) ask you to make a sound clip would appreciate at least this attribution.

Something like: "This work [sound clip name] was created exclusively by [Rubbermancer/full name] for [username/full name's] game called [game name]. The relevant names would have to be available for each sound clip, but that shouldn't cause too much heartache, I imagine.

All-in-all I think a simple Creative Commons "Attribution" license would communicate this intent. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Either way, that's just my preference. So far as I'm concerned you, Rubbermancer, made these things and can release them at your whim. You did a great thing for me and I'm certainly grateful for that. Thanks friend!

T

Cedric

My, thanks a zillion !
I'll give it a try as soon as my phone meeting ends.

Don't worry for the 'wait': I myself have been pretty much absent these last months. I'm not forgetting about you though, more news hopefully soon !

Cédric

Rubbermancer

RPH3000 forbids me from understanding legalities of any sort.  I mentioned your game, and plugged to your wordpress page in the song description.  How's this though?  I realized that I never actually got around to the changes you requested, so how about I allow downloads on this flotilla sketch, and make you a better one and send it privately?

And Cedric, let me know how the new track works out!