The way I want games to be: Forging Life - an indie RPG

Started by ForgingLifeGame, November 17, 2011, 01:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForgingLifeGame

Hi all

My childhood friend and I have been working on this game for years... Many years, just talking about the perfect game - in our mind! A couple of years building/rebuilding/rethinking the engine/rules. A year of trying different graphical front ends. Finally found it... And now we have been working 3 months in our sparetime building the graphics on top of the rule engine.

We might be a couple of nerds missing the old days, but when we played Ultima Online many years ago there were no questlines and we were not the "Chosen One" on and epic mission to save the world from evil.

However we were never borred. Surviving was a struggle! Getting gear and materials was such a risky task, that people often ended up losing precious gear in the process. Fantasy games take place in the middle ages era, mainly because it was tough and violent times, but also a time where you could get a long way with simple means. We miss games with freedom and opportunities where you can truly choose you own path.

We try to move away fromno freedom to act outside the path defined, making your own choices. Our idea with Forging Life, is that you - you decide your own path.

We make progress every day, and about a week ago we made this pre-pre-alpha preview of the graphics so far. There are more features "behind the scene", but it takes time to melt it together with the frontend.

Here is our pre-pre-alpha preview - and please be gentle, its our frist REAL attempt of making a game. The video will show a little of the world, and the basic wolrd interaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGn6J_wENRs

Find more info, feature list and screenshots here: https://sites.google.com/site/forginglife/home

Feedback is very welcome... And we KNOW there isn't much action going on - so far - in the vid.. But more will come :)

Hans Chung-Otterson

Hey there,

You might want to poke around the site a bit. The Forge is focused on creator-owned tabletop roleplaying games, not digital games. Perhaps this website is more what you're looking for.

ForgingLifeGame

Ups :)

Sorry for that. Then I might just do that, interesting:)