Main Menu

IRC?

Started by Asteconn, December 10, 2011, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asteconn

Does this site have an IRC channel to hang out / discuss stuff in?

If not, is there an IRC channel with a topic related to games desgin? I can create one if needs be.

If so, where abouts is it?

Go raibh maith agat.

Ron Edwards

Hi,

There's no official IRC activity for this site. Various individuals have created their own during the past decade, when they wanted. If you want to, go ahead, but there's no way to support it at this site unless you stay consistent with the discussion rules of the forums.

Best, Ron

Richard

[It appears that I have registered twice on here o.ô how random]

Thanks for the reply Ron.

I've registered a channel at irc://irc.irchighway.net/gamedesign

I don't wish to tread on your toes by making it an 'official' IRC channel, so I've given it a neutral name and added a shoutout/link to the forge in the topic.

May I make a thread giving people instructions on how to IRC (if they don't know how) so that the channel can populate?

Go raibh míle maith agat ^_^
Echelon: Adventure and Airships

irc://irc.irchighway.net/gamedesign :: Games Design IRC channel :: #gamedesign on irchighway

Ron Edwards

Hi Richard,

I think maybe the best way to go about this is to organize a game with people you know, using the channel, and then talk about how it went in an Actual Play thread. I realize that seems a little roundabout, but I do think it's most likely to pay off in terms of attracting people to join in. Feel free to put the link in your signature here as well, so when you post, people will see it. The "he seems like a decent guy, maybe I'll click on that" effect is actually pretty potent.

And thanks - I appreciate the interest and effort.

Best, Ron