Idea Dump: Ways to combine the known ingredients you aren't going to use.

Started by Thomas Lawrence, April 06, 2012, 06:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Lawrence

A place for your discarded ideas with regard to the shared ingredient list (COYOTE, DOCTOR, LANTERN, MIMIC).

Obviously if you aren't comfortable with someone else potentially grabbing the idea and running with it, don't post it!

• Some sort of superhero/pulp cross-universe mashup: DOCTOR Strange, Green LANTERN, MIMIC from the X-men etc.
  • A game about smuggling illegal immigrants over the US-Mexico border - such people are sometimes called COYOTEs, and they'd use a LANTERN as they tunnel under the border

JeffR

DOCTOR + MIMIC = Eiiza.  Don't know where that goes, gut possibly somewhere...

UserClone

Coyote+Mimic writes itself.

Coyote Ugly + Plastic Surgeon (Doctor) = ?

jackson_tegu

Lantern is the light bringer, Mimic... pretends to be thus? So, a false prophet thing?

Doctor is a verb meaning to mess with, or to prepare. Doctor those results for me, would you?
sure of ourselves, aren't we?

mrteapot

COYOTE (Call Off Your Tired Old Ethics) is the name of a sex worker rights advocacy group.  Perhaps a game about sex workers and sexually transmitted diseases (DOCTOR)? 

I thought for a while about writing a game about politicians and their lookalikes (MIMIC).  I previously had written a larp wherein four of the PCs were stand-ins for a recently deceased dictator, and each was trying to replace him before the population heard about his death.

Jason Pitre

The mimic is a much-aligned D&D monster who is mistreated far too much.
Genesis of Legend Publishing
Telling New Stories around the Digital Fire
www.genesisoflegend.com

mrteapot

Quote from: Jason Pitre on April 10, 2012, 11:21:10 PM
The mimic is a much-aligned D&D monster who is mistreated far too much.

Mimics are surprising intelligent.  Depending on edition, they average in the 10-14 Int range, making them smarter than humans.  But they're always hanging around in caves disguise as implausible pirate chests.  Why?  What is up with that?  How do they spend their time when not being torn to shreds by adventurers?