[The Coyote Lode] I Need Monsters!

Started by Troy_Costisick, April 17, 2012, 08:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

Im continuing to work on my Game Chef game.  I started with ten monsters, but I need more.  I especially need "boss" monsters, you know, things bigger and badder than your run of the mill undead or giant bat.  Anyone have any good suggestions for monsters that might fit the Old-West Horror genre of the Coyote Lode?   Just so you dont have to read the whole game, here's what the game chef draft has right now:

Undead miner
Cave crawler (spider)
Echo beast
Mindstabber
Soul eater
Windigo
Mimic
Ghost
Dire bat
Giant rat

Troy

zwrench

Angry bull seems like it would fit in nicely. If you're willing to be a little silly, rabid armadillo.

walruz

Spirit of Vengeance (because a PC in a western game are bound to piss off some poorly researched generic natives)
Not a bone golem as in a construct built by a wizard, but rather a shambling mass of bone in the rough shape of a large bull or rhino-esque thingy that was born in some cursed civil war battlefield.
In every fantasy game, there's this sword that's sentient. How about a sentient six-shooter that yearns for bloooood?
Dire tumbleweed
To take some inspiration from Jeepers Creepers, a lone gunman who stalks the prairie, looking for victims so he can mend his torn human skin coat.

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

Those are some good suggestions, guys.  I hadn't thougjt of using a lot of amimal imagery in the game.  But ghost bears, white bison, amd the creatures you mentioned fit perfectly!

Peace,

-Troy

dindenver

Undead adventurer
Mad scientist
Live Adventurer
Frankenstein monster
Imp
Demon
Devil
Mercury-crazed priest
Undead Soldier
Mercenary/Bounty Hunter
Coyote
Undead coyote
Scorpion
Snake
Undead snake
Cave Siren
Wisp
Undine (a mimic that looks like fresh water instead of treasure)
Gila monster
Undead iguana
Vulture
Undead vulture
Undead prairie dog
Cave fisher (puts a trap that looks like fresh food, instead of a glowing ball)
Rock worms (tunnel through rock like it is loose soil)
That is all the Cave/Deseert related badness I can think of without channeling the monster manual, lol
Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo

Lex Mandrake

Would you consider looking into some Native American evil spirits for monster creation?

This Atahsaia guy is pretty cool http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81tahsaia