News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer Con Games

Started by Judd, February 02, 2005, 12:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd

Michael put this idea in my head.

I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to play Sorcerer at the Dreamation, just to see how it feels to be a player and see how Sorcerer works at a con.

I'd imagine we hand the players characters with their kickers, made up for them, yes?

Has anyone ever run an event that had chargen on Friday night and then run the game on Saturday?  Perhaps a more guided kicker?

Thoughts and tips on running Sorcerer for cons?

I am considering running some Dictionary of Mu at UberCon as a warm-up for Gen Con.

The idea of running Sorcerer without that lovely give and take of stringing together descriptors and making up new ones where necessary and then making up Kickers bugs me a bit.

Ron Edwards

Hi Judd,

I'm sure you remember the [Sorcerer] Convention scenario thread. I'm not sure I have much to add beyond what I wrote there ...

... except that what I'd really like to do at a four-day con like GenCon is to conduct a four-day event, say, one hour at each of the first two days, then two hours apiece on the last two days.

But that's a big time commitment for a con when sales are a priority. I'd probably have to make it a paid event.

Best,
Ron

Judd

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHi Judd,

I'm sure you remember the [Sorcerer] Convention scenario thread. I'm not sure I have much to add beyond what I wrote there ...

Wow and I posted to that thread but have no memory of it.  Woops.

Why the hourly break up of the Sorcerer game as you outlined it there?

I wasn't necessarily thinking that the game had to happen at the Forge booth, though that seemed to be where Michael was headed, unless that's where you folks wanted it.  I just thought it'd be neat to run more indie RPG's at Gen Con.